We recommend that you abstain from the following foods prior to, during and after your workshop:
- Antidepressant medications – obligatory as this can present a danger to your health
- All street drugs (cocaine, MDMA, amphetamine, etc) – obligatory for your safety and for the possible energetic impact on other guests
- Sexual activities of any kind, including masturbation
- Reﬁned sugars
- Red meat
- Junk foods
- Salt or pepper
- Sweets or chocolate
- Oils (if you must use oil, use olive oil very sparingly)
- Animal fats (lard, etc)
- Fizzy drinks (including “diet” sodas, as these contain NutraSweet/Aspartame and other sweeteners), energy drinks, non-alcoholic beer
- Chilies or other hot peppers
- Ice, ice cream, or ice cold drinks
- Dairy produce
- Fermented foods
- Avoidance of synthetic soaps, perfumes, toiletries, etc. (Lifesystems all-purpose travel soap and Dr Bronners mild liquid soap are recommended) during retreat.
- No prescription drugs during retreat if possible (please contact us with more information if you are currently taking any medication, especially antidepressants or antibiotics).
- If female participants will be menstruating, then please inform us.
- Ayahuasca is not compatible with pregnancy.
By eliminating the above from your diet, you will prepare your body physically for the ayahuasca journey, and perhaps also reducing the amount of “purging” needed to clean your physical body. In addition to the physical aspects, by showing your commitment and determination to ayahuasca and the master plants, you are creating the foundations of your relationship with them and offering them the respect which is essential for this work.